Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Re: Two news items getting play tonight

Okay, I tracked down the Ron Paul portions of the debate (his audience is pretty tech-savvy :-):
 
Three things of note:
 
1) I'm glad to see him getting more airtime and positive response - at least he's much more thought-provoking than most of the other candidates who are practically clones of each other.  If he wins at least 10% (or much more) of the RNC vote, I believe it will be good for our country (for several different reasons), and even better if the same is true in nationwide polls.
 
2) Those open mic laughs and sighs in this version were really wierd - I could have sworn they weren't in the live version, though maybe I was filtering them out because I wanted to hear what was being said.
 
3) This was the first Republican debate I've seen where it might be worth tracking down the other candidates' perspectives - I don't know if it's because the shady concerted message is weaker now with Rove gone or what, but they each had some strong and differentiating perspectives throughout the night.
 
 

No comments: