Thursday, November 09, 2006

Voter Tool added: CNN Election 2006 page, other tools desired

Great elections page over at CNN added to the sidebar - it looks like results were maintained relatively real-time. They've also got a really good "key ballot measures" section across all states. I'm not sure how long ahead of the elections the key measures were identified for tracking, but it would have been interesting to know well in advance.

I'm still also looking for tools that predict ballot results well ahead of time, so I could determine where to spend more time determining which disagreements I have with the majority on key issues. Whether it's because I need to gain further perspective or whether others do, I'd feel better if I understood the difference in those perspectives and could follow up with appropriate action.

I additionally would like to find the most effective ways to help determine what gets on the ballot, from an outsider's perspective (i.e., write my congressman? etc.) - and additionally, to help uncouple the objectionable parts that don't seem necessary (for example, in the cigarette tax proposition, the monopolistic advantage it also granted to hospitals in pricing), so that we can move forward with progress.

I'll likely add an ongoing "Voter Tools wish list" section in the sidebar above my voting intentions (less relevant now that the results are in).

No comments: