Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election results

Reflecting on my votes versus what won:

Prop 1A: YES
Prop 1B: NO
Prop 1C: NO
Prop 1D: NO
Prop 1E: NO
Prop 83: NO
Prop 84: YES
Prop 85: NO
Prop 86: YES
Prop 87: YES
Prop 88: NO
Prop 89: YES
Prop 90: YES
Measure P (Pleasanton): YES
Governor: Arnold Schwarzenegger (R)
Lt. Governor: John Garamendi (D)
Sec of State: Debra Bowen (D)
Controller: John Chiang (D)
Treasurer: Mehul Thakker (Green)
Attorney General: Jerry Brown (D) or Chuck Poochigian (R)
Insurance Commissioner: Steve Poizner (R)
Board of Equalization: Betty Yee (D)
United States Senator: Dianne Feinstein (D)
United States Rep: Jerry McNerney (D)
CA State Senator: Ellen Corbett (D)

So of the 25 key votes, I was satisfied with 60% of the results (15 out of 25). Ouch!

The main proposition I was sad to see fail was Prop 89 - it lost and it lost resoundingly. I'd like to hear why folks voted No so strongly.

Also sorry to see Mehul Thakker for Treasurer get so few of the votes, but I don't really know that much about him so maybe other folks knew more than me.

While I was fiscally conservative on the prop 1's, I wasn't horribly saddened to see them pass and will undoubtedly enjoy the benefits. Glad to see Prop 84 pass as well.

Prop 83 (sex offenders) still seems like overkill to me, but won resoundingly.

Glad to see Prop 85 fail, but wow, 3 million Yes votes - I'd be interested to hear why people voted this way. I wonder if it's because it sounded good on the surface, and folks just didn't know better - or if they really had a solid reason for voting as they did, and I just didn't get it. I don't know which alternative would make me feel worse!

Interesting that both Prop 86 and Prop 87 failed - I'd like to hear from folks their reasons for voting No (I'm familiar with the antitrust issue within Prop 86 and have voiced my only gripe with Prop 87 in other posts, but had been expecting them both to pass).

How did the results match up with your votes?

No comments: