Thursday, October 19, 2006

Proposition 90 (eminent domain restrictions): YES

  • Proposition 90 Government Acquisition, Regulation of Private Property
    Should the California Constitution be amended to require government to pay property owners for substantial economic losses resulting from some new laws and rules, and limit government authority to take ownership of private property?
I don't care who you are or how meager it is, if you purchased your home, you should have the right to hold on to it. While I understand the goals of developers and community improvement efforts, I don't think that gives the government the right to drive right over the homeowners without adequately compensating them for their investment.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Norkizzle, please, bombard away - I'd rather have too many perspectives than not enough.

As for the eminent domain - I can see where you're coming from, but if I were a judge, I'd toss any of those out unless they had a truly justifiable concern. Maybe I'm just naive, but I'd be curious to see how many of those sorts of cases in Oregon are being won...