Thursday, October 19, 2006

Proposition 89 (campaign finance): YES

  • Proposition 89 Political Campaigns. Public Financing. Corporate Tax Increase. Campaign Contribution and Expenditure Limits
    Should eligible candidates for state elective offices receive public campaign funding that is supported by new taxes on corporations and financial institutions, and should contribution limits be imposed on those candidates that do not receive public campaign funding?
I don't see a single thing I don't like about this proposition, which makes me nervous. ;-) Truly, while it would of course allow the same negative campaigns we currently see, it would also open up the playing field to other candidates that might use more positive tactics. I hope to speak to representatives from both sides to confirm my choice.

No comments: