Monday, January 21, 2008

Obama Takes on Homophobia, Anti-Semitism and Xenophobia in Speech at MLK's Church

 
Jeez, Obama's right on a lot of issues not covered here - but what is impressive is (again) just what a strong orator he is.  I love the whole section about him being accused of being a "hopemonger." 
 
Powerful speech - which I think is a necessary part of what a president needs to be capable of (much like a CEO providing vision across the needs of the company, and an area where I feel Obama wins against Ron Paul).  I'm not sure Hillary has it - and further, at risk of sounding like Giuliani, I think back to the most important historical event of my lifetime (9/11), and the complete lack of any such memorable speeches by George W Bush (this is instead what sticks out to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG0yEu6UUBE&feature=related).
 
I guess what I'm saying is, while I support both him and Ron Paul, Barack Obama's ultimately the person I want next leading our country and providing the leadership in these moments that future generations will look back on.  Now if only he'd shut up about universal healthcare... ;-)

No comments: