Friday, November 16, 2007

Feingold to offer amendment striking telecomm immunity.

 
His NYT letter from that article is a good read too, and I like the way a forum reader put it: "I don't know how people swallow the 'they haven't done anything wrong, but we need to give them immunity' line. It's like telling my wife that I haven't cheated on her, but I want her unconditional forgiveness and a pack of condoms."
 
Feingold's consistently one of my favorite Congress members (of course, you only have to be competent and not a partisan hack to be one of my favorites, but that still narrows the field considerably).  He's also young enough that he'll hopefully be sticking around and fighting the good fight for a while.  Matter of fact, I'd love to see him take over Harry Reid's job.

No comments: