Thursday, October 11, 2007

Great forum post re: voting and Bush versus Kerry (from 3 months ago)

For the record: I wasted my vote by casting it for Kerry. I was rewarded by watching him surrender the next day without a fight.

It was the 3rd parties (Green & Libertarian) that demanded every vote be counted, and not wasted.

So don't lecture me on how to waste a vote.

I'm done voting from a space of fear. I'm going to vote for who I like, not against someone you are scared of.

Fuck fear mongering party hacks who say: "You're gonna help elect an eeeeevil Republican. Democrats are so much better. Why go anywhere else?"

How's that been working out so far?

Dems are now in charge of both houses. Iraq is still funded, universal healthcare has as much chance as a snowball in hell passing anytime soon, impeachment is off the table, Bush officials ignore subpoenas, and corporations give just as much money as ever.

Maybe you are too cowardly to vote your conscience, but at least I'm trying something new rather than continue investing in the same failed strategy.

 
(Necessary disclaimer?: I think Kerry was the 2nd place weak guy where Bush was the 1st place worse guy - but I still totally agree with the above sentiment.)

No comments: