Sunday, September 02, 2007

So you’re about to be invaded by the United States.

 
 
Nominated for Best Of Craigslist, especially when complemented by this forum post:

When Stoners Write

OK this is a cool article but for two things:

one -- too many damned words. bla bla bla. Keep it simple. The people are about to be invaded. They don't have time to read the Encyclopedia Brittanica.

two -- your sequence is off. You lead with the big drug elements, which are a separate interposed infrastructure that can't get off the ground until the violence ebbs. This, incidentally, is what makes me think this is stoner-authored. Dude, Where's My Invasion Sequence?

I'd resequence it roughly like this, were I the author:

1 -- greatly increased violence

2 -- demolition of infrastructure

3 -- massive death toll

4 -- shortage of basic goods

5 -- disease revival

6 -- toxic agents everywhere

7 -- bribery

8 -- influx of foreigners

9 -- slavery

10 -- explosion or introduction of the drug trade

 
I had really good luck corresponding with a WSJ author recently, so I decided to also email this to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - I'll let you know if I hear back.
 
(hey, any humor at this point is good humor, right?)

 

No comments: