Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kucinich: Congress Must Tell The President ‘No’ To Additional War Funding

 
God I hope I don't end up having to vote for Kucinich, but I think he's mostly right again here.
 
Several months ago, I had a conversation with my wife about how GW Bush is the epitome of a horrible project manager leading a project that is very important to a company - the short version of that conversation being that everytime someone criticizes the project, it gets deflected as "look, we can't afford to be focusing on criticism, we've got to be focusing on reaching important results"... again and again and again, until in the real business world, the project manager gets fired when it's clear the project is costing too much and not showing sufficient progress.  Note that in the business world it's not typical (though it happens sometimes) that the project gets entirely cancelled/withdrawn - at least not until after the project manager has been fired and another resource has been given a chance to set things right first.
 
In the past, I've been against full withdrawal from Iraq without leaving it in semi-stable condition - but the key tool I think would enable that (replacing the "project manager") is "off the table".  So maybe my second option, if not removal from office (Pelosi, Cheney, and Bush all, with a suitable leader as a replacement to Pelosi), might be supporting full withdrawal rather than continuing this military/economic/goodwill quagmire...

No comments: