Sunday, November 12, 2006

Warrantless Wiretaps Unlikely to Be OK'd

Warrantless Wiretaps Unlikely to Be OK'd

I don't think warrantless wiretaps are necessary to protect us, but I do actually think they could be helpful if only used when really needed for speed (i.e., the days leading up to 9/11 etc.).

However, the way it's been presented reminds me of my Prop 87 thoughts - you think "Absolutely, I'll vote Yes because I love the environment" until you dig a little deeper and see it's not quite what you would have liked to see. This one's the opposite; I initially thought "no way in the world", until I read the last two paragraphs here.

This warrantless wiretapping issue has been out there for months, why has it taken this long for the media to even mention the less-sinister, more-balanced details? I feel frustration there, and also with the administration's bad communication making it look worse than if they just addressed their efforts more clearly.

No comments: