Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Interactive Senate game

Okay, you can do the House too but that's just way too much time investment.

This could be a great tool for figuring out where to focus your get-out-the-vote efforts though. My questions is, why are there some seats that don't have Democratic contenders? Are they ineligible, or were those seats just basically handed to Republicans without a fight? Seems like that would be a really stupid strategic blunder.

Below are my guesses, with the detail card at the bottom left as the most obvious Dem one that I think will actually go to the Republicans. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Here's the thing though - even in my little simulation, who's the one selfish person who screws it up for everyone, again? The guy in the top left - Joe Lieberman. There's a handful of politicians for whom this seems to be becoming habit, damaging your own side's efforts (I'm looking at you too, Ralph Nader).

Play for yourself, but don't expect to submit unless you fill out all the House seats too: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/madness/

No comments: