Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Great web videos of debates

I love this video series, thanks to CBS5 and the Chronicle for putting this together. A few things in particular were of note:

1) Arnold didn't show up to debate against Phil Angelides. Probably figures he doesn't need to.

2) I know Republicans are supposed to get punished for the current situation and all, but Steve Poizner (R) completely destroys Cruz Bustamante (D) the entire interview, it's amazing to see. He's positive, he's organized, he's tough - if he's normally this good, I'd vote for him twice if I could. Who'd have thought the race that would get me the most jazzed about candidates is for Insurance Commissioner.

3) The attorney general one is impassioned, but it really made me not want to vote for either one of these guys.

My voting intentions weren't changed much viewing these, but my choices were reconfirmed and I do have a better feel for each candidate.

Lt. Governor Candidates Debate On CBS5.com
(CBS 5) SAN FRANCISCO On Monday, California's lieutenant governor candidates, Democrat John Garamendi and Republican Tom McClintock, debated before the San Francisco Chronicle's Editorial board at the CBS 5 studios in San Francisco.The meeting was the last in a series of webcasted forums here on CBS5.com that the Chronicle's editorial board has held with various candidates for state office.

Previous Debates/Candidate Appearances:
Secretary of State candidates Debra Bowen and Bruce McPherson
Gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides
Insurance Commissioner Candidates Bustamante, Poizner
Controller Candidates Chiang, Strickland
Attorney General Candidates Brown, Poochigian

2 comments:

Dan Walter said...

Check out this Big Endorsement for Poochigian
could turn things around for him ...

Chris said...

Heh, that's great. Here's a related but much less entertaining one.

As for helping him catch up, I don't know of a good way to see if he's behind or not (I'm just getting started at this whole internet tube thing) - is there a good website for checking stats like that?