Tuesday, October 31, 2006

6 ways I would love to improve this blog

1) Really dive deep into each ballot item. While I'm happy with the discussions and progress that got started, I still don't feel like I'm on a foundation that's taken all considerations into account in making my best decisions.

2) Engage the candidates directly, both on their candidacy and on their stances on each propositions. Post the transcripts here for discussion. To cover even just the key candidates in my region though, would take a few extra trustworthy "feet on the street."

3) Collect real-time data on candidates and propositions. Based on current data, who holds the lead in each race, and by how much? How are each of the propositions tallying up so far? Real-time monitoring so you can watch trends etc. I don't need to host them here, but I wish I knew of those resources to add to my "Voter Tools" section.

4) Expand to the "real world." I think maybe 40% of people out there have even really given a hard look at the candidates and propositions yet, and of those, maybe 40% of them (16% of total) have searched online to investigate further. Now the likelihood of finding this blog... how best to increase awareness to folks that hold significant sway but are currently several steps away from this site.

5) Get more online visibility and community contribution. This is techy - just optimizing our presence in search engines, blog searches, articles, etc.

6) Make this a group blog. This is too much work for me to do alone, and I think a few rational voices would not only round out the site, it would also make many hands for lighter work. (This means you, Norkizzle :-)

No comments: